Everyone loves a cheese toasty! And our favourite thing to do is sprinkle it with Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt for a smokey, cheesey hit!
- 2 slices of good quality white bread,
- 60g of Irish Cheddar, we used Hegarty's Cheese from Cork.
- Butter, softened.
- Splash of olive oil for frying
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
Butter each side of the bread, covering the entire surface to ensure a crispy golden exterior.
Evenly distribute the cheese on one slice and put the remaining slice on top.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a griddle over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and transfer the assembled sandwiche to the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is toasted to a golden brown and the cheese is melted.
If you want an extra crispy and gooey cheese toasty, you can press it down gently with a spatula while cooking.
- Finish with a few flakes of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt and enjoy! We like to add a side of Joe's Farm Crisps on the side too!