Cauliflower, Parsnip & Butterbean Soup
This cauliflower, butterbean and parsnip soup recipe is a great winter warmer, and using Achill Island Seaweed Sea Salt gives it a wonderful umami kick. The butterbeans makes it so creamy, and as they are high in protein, it makes the soup all the more filling.
- 1 small to medium Cauliflower, stalks and leaves included - roughly chopped
- 2 Parsnips – diced
- 1 Onion - diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic – finely sliced
- 1 can of butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 L vegetable stock
- Achill Island Seaweed Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan
- On a medium heat, add in the onions and garlic and gently fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and parsnips and fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the drained and rinsed butterbeans and mix.
- Next add the vegetable stock, along with a generous pinch of Achill Island Seaweed salt and black pepper
- Turn the pan to a simmer and cover with a lid for 40 mins or until the veg has softened
- Blend until smooth, you may need to add more water if it is a little thick
- Serve with a sprinkle of Achill Island Seaweed sea salt.
If you'd like to try this recipe, you can buy our Achill Island Seaweed Sea Salt HERE