The O’Malley family would like to welcome you to our Sea Salt Visitors Centre set in Achill Island on the Wild Atlantic Way. We founded this family business in 2013, inspired by the long tradition of salt production on Achill Island and our passion for the ocean and our surroundings. Visit us to learn how we harvest our award-winning sea salt from our tide to your table. Find out more about salt’s place in our history, culture and food.
- Taste our sea salt on cherry tomatoes
- Watch a demonstration of crystallisation of brine,
- View the behind the scenes hand-harvesting process.
Our Visitor’s centre also has gift shop with
- Pure and Smoked Sea Salt
- Achill Island Salt pottery pigs and pinch pots
- Products which use our sea salt in their ingredients
We are open Monday thru Friday from 12.00-1.00pm
(other times by arrangement)
Pick a date from our online booking calendar to pay online,
or phone 00 353 98 47856
Entry is €7 and includes a sample of our sea salt.