This recipe is perfect to bring out the subtle smokey flavours and aroma of our smoked sea salt. They are quick and easy to prepare and using a griddle pan gives a lovely charred look. If you don’t have a griddle pan a normal pan will work just fine. They are a perfect accompaniment for curries, hummus, mezze boards or even for a flatbread sandwich. Try replacing the garlic and chives with fresh basil and chopped sun-dried tomatoes or coriander and lime zest works great too!
- 200g plain flour
- 175g natural yoghurt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 glove of garlic
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- Finely chop the chives and grate or crush the garlic
- Add the flour, baking powder, generous pinch of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt, yoghurt, chives and garlic into a bowl and stir together using a wooden spoon.
- Once the dough begins to come together, bring it into a ball and tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 even pieces and roll out to roughly ½ to 1 cm.
- Lightly oil a griddle or regular pan to medium to high heat
- Place the dough on the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side dough is cooked.
- Sprinkle a few flakes of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt over the flat breads and serve warm.