Spice up your lunch with this smokey harissa aubergine sandwich recipe using Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt.
Ingredients (Makes 2 Sandwiches)
- 1 Aubergine, sliced 2cm each
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Harissa
- Generous pinch of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 2-3 Tbsp Hummus of choice
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Mix together the sliced aubergine with the olive oil, harissa paste and smoked sea salt.
- Place aubergine on a lined tray and roast in the oven at 180c for 30 mins or until they have softened.
- Layer your bread with the hummus, rocket, sliced tomato and avocado and add the roasted aubergines on top.
For a video of this sandwich in the making, check out our reel on our Instagram page here