A quick and easy vegan cookie recipe that combines almonds, chocolate chips and Achill Island Sea Salt for a tasty treat! These will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
We have used almond butter from a great Irish company Nobó, but any good, runny almond butter will do just fine!
Ingredients (Makes 9)
- 115g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70g runny almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- 50ml oat milk (or non-dairy milk of preference)
- 50g dark chocolate - chopped
- 25g of chopped almonds
- A generous pinch of Achill Island Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of Achill sea salt in a bowl.
- Add the almond butter, melted coconut oil and oat milk to the flour mix and stir to combine.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and almonds and combine. You may need to use your hands here to bring the dough together.
- Roll the dough into 9-10 small balls and place on a lined baking tray. Make sure there is at least 2cm between each.
- Press down on the cookie balls using your hand to flatten them slightly.
- Sprinkle of a generous pinch of Achill Island Sea Salt and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
Thinking of trying this recipe out? You can purchase Achill Island Sea Salt over on our product page