- 4 ripe beef tomatoes
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced. We love Toonsbridge dairy Buffalo Mozzarella from Co. Cork sliced
- Handfull Fresh basil leaves
- Good Quality Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar, we use Wildwood Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar from Co. Mayo
- Generous Pinch of Achill Island Sea Salt
Slice the tomatoes into 1.5-2cm slices
Slice the Mozzarella into thick slices
Arrange the tomato slices and mozzarella slices alternately on a serving platter or individual plates. You can overlap them slightly or create a circular pattern.
Scatter the basil leaves over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the salad, making sure to coat the tomatoes and mozzarella evenly. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper over the salad to taste.
Finally, drizzle a balsamic vinegar over the salad.
Serve and enjoy!