As part of our Achill Island Sea Salt Partner Series, we are showcasing our wonderful Irish partners, sharing their stories and some of our favourite recipes. We've been working with Brambleberry Jams for a couple of years now and it's safe to say that we are obsessed with their salted caramel sauce. This decadent baked salted caramel cheesecake always goes down a treat at Achill Island Sea Salt HQ!
If you'd like to learn more about Brambleberry Jams and their products, check out our partner series blog post.
For the base:
- 300g Digestive or Bourbon Chocolate Biscuits
- 150g melted butter
For the filling:
- 600g Cream Cheese
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200ml Double Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 200g Brambleberry Jams Salted Caramel Sauce
- Achill Island Sea Salt
- Grease a 10 inch spring-form baking tin and line the base with grease-proof paper.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble bread crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, put them in a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Mix in the melted butter and press the biscuit mixture into the base of the tin. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to let it firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the filling, mix together the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Pour in the double cream and mix until the filling has a smooth custard consistency. Pour in 2/3s of the caramel sauce and add a pinch of Achill Island Sea Salt.
- Drizzle a spoon of the caramel sauce over the biscuit base.
- Scrape the filling onto the base and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 140°C and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven until it has completely cooled (we usually leave it overnight), this should hopefully leave you with a smooth top, however a few cracks are fine too! Chill in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, gently remove the cheesecake from the tin and spoon the remaining caramel sauce over the top of the cake along with a few flakes of Achill Island Sea Salt.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!