We love this recipe, and it is a huge hit at the Salt Dock Coffee here at Achill Island Sea Salt. The fudge is added to the brownie mix and scattered on top so it's fudgey, caramelly, sweet and salty - what more could you want?
- 175g dark chocolate
- 125g butter, cubed
- 100g castor sugar
- 50g light, soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of Achill Island Sea Salt
- 60g Achill Island Sea Salted Caramel Fudge, chopped, plus some for decorating.
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grease and line a 9 inch square baking tray
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof glass bowl over a pit of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water below. Stir until smooth and combined and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until it is light and foamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold through until it is all combined.
- Add in the melted chocolate and chopped fudge and fold through until it is well mixed.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 18-20 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Scatter the rest of the chopped fudge over and enjoy.