Pickled veg are a great way to add flavour to things like salads and sandwiches and these pickled cucumbers are so quick and easy to do that we always have a jar of them in our fridge in the summer.
- 1 cucumber finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of Achill Island Sea Salt, plus extra for the cucumbers
- 50g castor sugar
- 200ml of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 fennel seeds
- Pinch of Chilli flakes
- Add the finely sliced cucumbers to a bowl and sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt and toss. Leave for 10 mins, then rinse and drain.
- In a heavy based saucepan add the vinegar, sugar, sea salt and spices and bring to a simmer until the salt and sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Add the cucumbers to a sterilised jar and pour over the cooled vinegar.
- Seal and leave to cool before placing in the fridge. Once open these will keep for about 1-2 weeks.
Interested in trying these out? Buy our Achill Island Sea Salt HERE