- 125g Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour
- 40g good quality dark chocolate
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Lightly grease a rectangular baking tray
- In a food processor blitz the flour, sugar and butter until the mixture comes together.
- Tip out onto a floured surface and knead slightly and roll out to about 1cm thick
- Lift the dough onto the baking tray and using your hands or a spatula smooth out the dough out to the edges of the tray. Alternatively, a cookie cutter can be used to shape the dough. Place in the fridge to chill for 10-20 minutes.
- Place the shortbread into the oven for 15mins or until they are a golden-brown colour. Remove and allow to cool on a wire tray.
- Melt the chocolate and using a spoon cover half the biscuit in chocolate and sprinkle a few flakes of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt over the chocolate.
8. The shortbread should last for 3-5 days in a sealed container.