Roasting asparagus brings in a whole new dimension of flavour and topped with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt makes it one of our favourite ways to cook the vegetable. Serve it alongside some fresh fish and some baby potatoes and you can’t go wrong!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 50g of butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut each stalk of asparagus in half and place in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and blanch in a bowl of cold water.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Place the asparagus in in a tray. Brush the stalks with the melted butter and sprinkle a generous pinch of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt.
- Bake the asparagus for 20 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus and sprinkle the grated parmesan over and serve.