Another lovely recipe from I Love Cooking. We are using our seaweed salt in this recipe for extra umami. A quick and easy soup, perfect for a chilly afternoon.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp of Achill Island Seaweed Salt
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500g chestnut or button mushrooms (or a mix)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, stalks removed
- Single cream, to serve
- Flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Achill Island Seaweed Salt, to serve.
- Melt butter and oil in a pan on a low heat. Add onion and Achill Islnd Seaweed Salt until soft but not brown. Appox 10 mins.
- Increase heat to high and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Then add flour and cook through for 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent browning. Slowly add the stock stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add the thyme and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and then blend using a hand blender until you have a smooth consistency.
- Reheat the blended soup in the pot if needed, then serve with a drizzle of cream, fresh parsley, and a pinch of Achill Island Seaweed salt.