Hasselback potatoes look like a lot more work than they are and make them once and you'll never want a normal roast potato again! We've kept it simple for this recipe by roasting them with butter and The Connemara Organic Seaweed Company Seaweed Salt, which uses Achill Island Sea Salt, but we love using different herbs like thyme or basil. Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt works great too.
- 4 large potatoes
- 50g melted butter
- 2 tsp of Connemara Seaweed Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lay the potato long side down and push a skewer about 1cm from the bottom through from the edge - this is to ensure you don't slice through to the bottom.
- Using a sharp knife cut across the potato at 3mm intervals, slicing down until you hit the skewer. If you don't have a skewer only slice two thirds down.
- Mix the melted butter and the seaweed salt
- Place the potatoes in an oven dish and pour the melted butter and seaweed salt mix over the top of each potato. Use a pastry brush to evenly coat them.
- Place in the oven and after 30 mins spoon the butter from the dish on top of the potatoes. Pop them back in for another 30 mins until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve hot and finish with a pinch of Connemara Seaweed Salt.