We love making this for brunch, served on toasted sourdough with poached eggs. It's quick and easy and the Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt gives it a real smokey kick!
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1Tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tin of tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Can of Cannellini / Butter Beans
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. In a medium oven proof pot, heat 1 tablespoon of Oil
3. Saute the onion and garlic over a medium heat with a generous pinch of Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt.
4. As they begin to soften, add the balsamic vinegar and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add all of the remaining ingredients along with another pinch of smoked salt and bring to the boil.
6. Put the lid on the dish and place in the oven for 30-40 mins. You can also let it simmer with the lid on on the hob.
7. Remove and serve.